With the rise of social media, many e-commerce businesses have made their way toward social media as it serves as a powerful selling tool. It’s the shortest way to gain organic followers and increase brand sales. There’s no better way to start your eCommerce business than on social media.
Almost 35% of millennials make purchases through social media.
Also, over the years, social media have enabled brands to pave their path to success.
This blog will serve as a great guide for you to understand the importance of social media for eCommerce.
What is e-commerce?
E-commerce is a way to trade your products using the internet. All the transactions occur online via bank transfers or online payments. All small to big brands on the internet are part of e-commerce. Technology has changed the way business works. Now big names like Amazon, Aliexpress, and Boohoo are all e-commerce businesses, and they continue to grow remarkably.
Here, I will give you some tips on how to build organic followers and how to run paid social media advertising.
1. Set defined goals on Social Media
Defining goals allows you to set a long-term vision and gives you short-term motivation. Further, it helps you organize your time and resources. In short, it enables you to make the most out of your life and helps you gain customers, revenue, web traffic, etc.
Especially on social media, setting a goal is highly important. Make sure the goal is attainable, measurable, and time-bound. If you want your e-commerce site to flourish, you improve your social media game.
You can do so by:
- enlisting your goals, missions, and values
- win over public sentiments through your brand story
- interact with your audience.
- Post content consistently
All your efforts will drive more traffic to your website, a more engaged following, and more sales. Creating actionable goals will lead to a favorable outcome.
Make sure to set specific goals such as:
- We need to drive traffic to our site within 6 months.
- Hit 10,000 views and likes on our content.
- Respond to queries from our followers
- Achieve an engagement rate of 5%
- Send products to bloggers for review
- Grow a community of 2500 followers on Facebook
2. Know your audience
It’s time to start building your presence and dominating your niche—with the most relevant content and the best interactions with the audience.
The earth comprises 3 billion people that are active social media users. As a trader, your job is to dominate a specific niche instead of the whole world.
First, try starting on a single social media platform than starting on various social media platforms. To know which platform is directing the most traffic to your website, do the following:
- Trace certain keywords or hashtags,
- search by demographics (based on your past customers)
Your audience will help you determine the following:
- What kind of content to create
- Time to upload to social media.
- Which Social Pages Should You Visit
- brand voice
If you know your audience, you can create relevant content. Also, try to meet the demands of your audience. Knowing your audience’s needs lets you know where you can improve. And the day you learn to improve, nothing can stop you from being a successful marketer.
3. Create and optimize your profiles
Many customers visit your website via your social media platform. Therefore, you need to construct a profile that clearly states your company name, location, contact, and website.
It is important to focus on details like:
- relevant keywords and hashtags
- clear CTAs
- clear buttons
- website links
4. Share consistent, high-quality and on-brand content
Do you still need clarification about what to post or what not to post?
Don’t worry! I have got all the answers to your questions.
First, start by answering your followers, and turn those answers into the content. Take inspiration from your competitors and produce better content than them. Your content is the fundamental key to building an engaged organic following. Make sure to create something that resonates with your audience and that you can relate to.
Content like Blog posts, Guides, Success stories, webinars, videos, etc., all contribute to bringing the audience to your profile.
People usually enjoy valuable, admirable and funny content. Today, infographics, memes, quotes, and video clips are more visible to social media users. Thus, posting them would increase your followers.
Each social media platforms have its algorithms. Understanding these algorithms help you post content that works best on that platform. For instance, artistic images on Instagram, aesthetic posts on Pinterest, and long texts on Facebook work best.
Remember, be always creative with what you post. Also, you can do the following things to engage your audience further:
- Run contests on social media
- Ask questions on a poll to take suggestions from your audience
- Test your follower’s knowledge
- Give them shoutouts
- Reward them
5. Use tools to automate
There is no better way than using automated tools to save your time. You need to spend more time responding to potential buyers, replying to DMs, and analyzing your competitors. Creating and scheduling content. Here are some ways to streamline your workflow without losing character or authenticity.
1. Prepare your content with the post scheduler and always release it at the right time.
2. Sophisticated Responses – Automating responses to brands is generally not recommended. It’s dishonest and repulsive. However, some tools allow you to store genuine canned answers to frequently asked questions. When a question arrives, you can send the right response with one click.
3. Customer Support Chatbots – It is widely accepted that chatbots are a sensible first line of defense in social media. If you have a lot of simple requests, it might be worth routing your bot to other resources (such as guides or FAQs) or to a ticketing and support system that it uses for more complex requests.
6. Interact with and engage your followers
According to research, 29% of customers expect a response within an hour. Therefore, for a successful e-commerce business, you need to respond to your customer’s feedback. Moreover, responding to your customers fast will enable them to trust your brand. Once they trust your brand, they will start advocating for you too. Within a short span, you can generate more sales and revenue.